Ms Julia Moody
|Telephone:||+61 8 6304 6592|
|Mobile:||0402 098 014|
|Facsimile:||+61 8 9370 6662|
Julia Moody has a Bachelor of Arts from Curtin University (Perth), a Graduate Diploma in Voice Studies from NIDA (Sydney), is a fully accredited Associate teacher of Fitzmaurice Voicework, and did her actor training at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in the United Kingdom. Julia has performed as an actor in Theatre, Film, TV, and Radio with companies right across Australia. She has worked as a Voice trainer and Consultant in the professional media with SBS TV and Radio since 1994, and with various other companies such as Channel 10,Open Channel, Public Radio News, 5UV and 6PR. She has run specially designed voice training sessions for professional speakers in all domains: the corporate arena; education; Theatre and Film; medical professionals and many others.
Julia has lectured in Voice at the Victorian College of the Arts School of Drama, the University of Ballarat Academy of Performing Arts, and is currently Head of Voice in the Acting Department of the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts at Edith Cowan University.
- Graduate Diploma, The National Institute of Dramatic Art.
- Post Grad Dip in Psychology, UNKNOWN.
- Bachelor of Arts, Curtin University of Technology.
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, TAFE WA, 2006.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Non-Traditional Research Outputs
- Moody, J., (2013), The Importance of Being Earnest - Voice Coach. The Importance of Being Earnest, Heath Ledger Theatre, State Theatre Centre.
- Moody, J., (2013), Midsummer (A Play with Songs) - Voice Coach. Midsummer (A Play with Songs), Heath Ledger Theatre, State Theatre Centre.
- Moody, J., (2013), Other Desert Cities - Voice Coach. Other Desert Cities, Heath Ledger theatre, State Theatre Center.
- Moody, J., (2013), Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Voice Coach. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Burswood Theatre.
Research Student Supervision
- Master of Arts (Performing Arts), The Shifting Voice: Investigating Accent And Dialect Training For West Australian Actors.