Site tools: Main Content
Associate Professor Maggi Phillips
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9370 6129, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML2.212
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9370 6129|
- Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, TAFE WA, 2006 .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Charles Darwin University, 1996 .
- Bachelor of Arts, Charles Darwin University, 1992 .
Recent Research Grants
- Moving Knowledge: using memory and music to investigate choreographic processes, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher Grant - 2014, 2014, $5,000.
- Kira and James: A Biographical Investigation of Two Significant Cultural Figures, Using Historical and Practice-Led Forms of Research, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2008 - 2010, $24,006.
- Dancing Between Diversity and Consistency: Evaluating Assessment in Postgraduate Studies in Dance, Office for Learning and Teaching, OLT - Grant (pre-2013), 2006 - 2008, $150,164.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Phillips, M., Stock, C., Vincs, K., (2009), Dancing between Diversity and Consistency., 50, Perth.
- Phillips, M., (2011), Knowledge, Experience and a Dash of Rebellion: Dance Training in Australia. Shaping the Landscape: Celebrating Dance in Australia, 103-119, London, New York, New Delhi.
- Phillips, M., (2012), Skipped stakes of lightness: A failure of knowledge. Axon: Creative Explorations, 2(1), 14p., Canberra.
- Phillips, M., (2009), Artists, creativity and knowledge: A challenge for doctoral change. Research in Dance Education, 10(3), 219-230, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1080/14647890903324162.
- Phillips, M., Stock, C., Vincs, K., (2009), Dancing doctorates down-under? Defining and assessing `doctorateness? when embodiment enters the thesis. Dance Dialogues: Conversations Across Cultures, Artforms and Practices. Refereed Proceedings* of the World Dance Alliance Global Summit 2008, 14p., Brisbane, Australia.
- Phillips, M., (2009), Seeking excellence in danced postgraduate degrees. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Performance Science 2009, 6p., The Netherlands.
- Phillips, M., (2008), Creativity's crossingforces:A Danced Interplay (http://cci.edu.au/publications/creativitys-crossing-forces-a-danced-interplay). CCI Creating Value Conference Papers, Online, Australia.
Research Student Supervision
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), The Use Of The Principles And Practice Of Zen Buddhism And Korean Dance To Create A New Choreographic Style For Contemporary Classical Ballet Works..
- Doctor of Philosophy, The (un) Written Heart In Brecht's Baal And Journeys Of The God Of Happiness.
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), The Integrated Sound, Space And Movement Environment..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Words Fail Me..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Variations On The Theme Of Metamorphosis As Applied To Musical Compositional Structure..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), They Reckon I Need A Dramaturg: Examining The Value Of A Dramaturg To Both The Playwright And The Professional Theatre Company In Australia..
- Doctor of Contemporary Arts, Death And Renewal: A Process Of Growth Through Loss..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Undressing And Redressing The Harlequin: An Australian Designer's Perspective..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Shakespeare's Verse And The Training Actor..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), When The Carnival Is Over: Peter Barnes' Red Noses And Bakhtin..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Mallakhamb: An Investigation Into The Indian Physical Pratice Of Rope And Pole Mallakhamb.
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), An Evaluation Of The Instructional Practices In Voice Teaching At Australian Performing Art Institutions.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Production Designers Of The Western Australian Opera Company 1968-97. .
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), An Investigation Into The Use Of Visual Stimuli When Performing Spectrally Directed Computer Music..
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), Renaissance And Baroque Stage Technology And Its Meaning For Today's Theatre..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Producing The Moon: An Account Of The Festival Of Perth: 1953-1999.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Diva Voice: Reimagining The Diva In Contemporary Feminist Performance.
- Master of Arts (Creative Arts), From Cannibal To Consumer: The Shifting Poetic Metaphor Of The Vampire.