Courses & Admissions
Fees and charges
All queries regarding course fees (both VET and Higher Education courses) should be directed to the ECU Fees Office on 134 ECU (328).
VET Fees are set by the State Government, and are generally not released until November or December of the year preceding the course offering. There are significant changes afoot for the charging and management of VET fees – details of which we are waiting for from both the State and Federal Governments. This may impact on the cost of WAAPA VET courses, student entitlements and how fees are paid.
Please ensure you monitor the ECU Fees web pages where all information will be posted as it becomes available.
Higher Education fees
Higher Education student fees are managed through ECU’s Fees Office.
All higher education students are liable for their tuition fees, plus the University Student Services and Amenities fee. Additionally, some courses require additional fees, set out in the University incidental fee register.
Students applying for WAAPA higher education courses may be eligible to apply for an ECU scholarship.
There are a number of prizes and awards for which WAAPA students may be eligible, once they have commenced their studies. Most of these are merit based and apply to particular courses of study.
VET students who are enrolled in a publicly funded course are entitled to a full or partial refund as outlined in the VET Fees and Charges Policy and subject to meeting certain criteria.
For more information about refunds for VET courses, refer to the WAAPA VET Fees and Charges booklet.
Any applications for VET Tuition Fee refunds must be made in writing to the WAAPA School Manager.
Refunds for Higher Education courses are subject to ECU rules and deadlines. This information is available from the Fees Office.
Application Fees for WAAPA Courses
Some WAAPA discipline areas have an application fee. This means if you list any of these disciplines in the course preferences on your application form, you will need to pay a fee of $70 for each of those disciplines. Please be aware that this fee is non-refundable and will not be returned or refunded if you cancel your audition or fail to turn up.
WAAPA discipline areas that have an admission fee:
- Arts Management
- Classical Music
- Composition & Music Technology
- Contemporary Music
- Music Theatre
- Performing Arts, includes:
- Performance Making
- Practice Transition
- Production & Design, includes:
- Props & Scenery
- Stage Management
- Make sure you select each discipline relating to all your course preferences when prompted in the online admission system.
- The application fee is discipline based, not course based. You do not have to pay a fee for each course you apply for as you can apply for more than one course in any particular discipline, you instead pay for each separate discipline you select in your course preferences.
- The application fee is not instrument based. This means if you are auditioning for more than one instrument within any music discipline, you only pay one application fee for the discipline.
- This is an application fee; it should not be confused with tuition fees. Tuition fees relate to the cost to study units within the WAAPA course you are applying for.